Post by lavishgail on Sept 14, 2018 12:14:37 GMT -5
Well,As you all know, my son took a 25 foot fall from an electric pole. He did all that he was taught by poking around the bottom of the pole with a utensil they give him to use, and all seemed okay. Billy then strapped himself to the pole as he climbed so nothing would happen, he said he felt it wiggle but most polls he climbs do wiggle, is it got to the very top to start doing his work to put in the cable lines he heard a big crack he tried to unbuckle his belt from the pole to get down as quick as possible only the pole broke inside the ground and everything went down Billy included. The pole had live wires from electricity telephone and cable he could have been killed. Thank God he's here to talk about it. The fire department here in West Stockbridge is giving him a huge recovery dinner including 50-50 tickets, dinner $5 a plate, and big huge prizes for winners.
Billy is home but not doing well, he's in much pain can barely get around and has to be on pain medication, and they will wean him off as time comes for him to get off of it. Billy told me he was worried about being on all that pain medication but without it he would have been in severe severe pain, he broke his pelvic bone shattered it also his back is broken near his sacrum he has two broken hips, and a broken shoulder his arm is like paralyzed.
I just wanted to keep everyone updated he does get picked up by a van every day and goes to PT and then comes home, but he has animals there and it's very hard for him to get around inch by inch he is doing it and I'm proud of him.
Although I do feel helpless I've asked if they need help or anything at the store and when they do I get it, but I can't do cleaning I wish I could because I would be over there helping out as much as possible, but they have these big dogs that I'm afraid of one of them is very aggressive so I stay home. He lives right next door so if he needs anything I'm right here.
I just wanted to catch everybody up on what's going on and the money they make from the sit-down dinner will go to Billy to help out with his bills until the lawyers figure out what they're going to do I dunno that they are suing the company who owns the Pole, because they have not checked it in 6 years. It was in a family's yard and thank God for that because the people heard him screaming and came running out and called ambulance thank God for those people, they've even come to the hospital to see Billy brought him flowers and food and cards, they're very good people it wasn't the people it was the company's Pole so they're screwed. Take care y'all and breath easy !! Me.
Oh Gail, I am so sorry to hear about this. I had seen your post that your son was in hospital but didn't know the cause. My prayers are with your family & son as you go thru this time. I am just shocked at the thought of the pole being that unstable to break like that! love you (((HUG)))
Post by lavishgail on Sept 18, 2018 17:27:40 GMT -5
Thank you so much Jarca, and Sonny. That means the world to me. My poor son, first thing he said to me when I rushed to the hospital was, *8h mom how will I provide for my family* broke my heart! I told him not to worry about anything, it will all fall into place.
The fire department here has been just so awesome to him, They all came to his house and put up new railings and stairs so he can get in and out. My poor child.
Thank you to all for you're prayers and good wishes, I told him, and he asks that I tell everyone from him Thank you from the bottom of his heart.