How to Upload an Image to Photo Bucket or Image Shack account and then Transfer to COPD Forum to use as an Avatar or Signature.
Valid files to upload must be gif, jpg, jpeg, png, or bmp file extensions..
1. You must create a Photo Bucket Account or Image Shack Account photobucket.com/
2. Save the image you want to upload to your desktop or somewhere you will remember where you saved it to. I am using my desktop.
3. Once you have created your Photo Bucket account select the browse button in Photo Bucket. It brings up another box called File Upload. Select the drop down arrow, select the image you want to use, and open it.
4. In Photo Bucket select the upload button.
5. Shows your image being uploaded.
6. When upload is complete (takes a minute or so) you will see your picture.
7. Check the box under the picture and then select Generate HTML and IMG Code at the bottom of the page.
8. It will bring up another page, select the URL Code for Email, Yahoo Messenger and AOL Messenger.
9. Copy the code.
10. Open up your COPD forum, select profile at the top of the page.
11. Select modify profile enter your password, scroll down and paste the code into the avatar URL.
12. Select 100 for Avatar Width and Height.
13. For your signature again check the box under the picture in Photo Bucket and again select Generate HTML and IMG Code at the bottom of the page.
14. Again it will bring up another page, this time select the Recommended URL and paste this into your signature box in your COPD profile..
15. Scroll down to the bottom of your page in your profile and select modify profile to save your changes..
If you want to use an avatar, you have to host that in photobucked and post the URL ( second one down under the picture ) in the avatar field in your profile. Post that link in your profile Go to profile>modify profile> and scroll down to the avatar field. Paste it there> scroll down and click modify profile.
for a picture in your post, use the link under the picture in photobucket. It's the last one down. Copy that and paste it here.
To use the Upload an Image: feature above the full reply field...
Be sure your images ( pictures) are the right size.
In the full reply area of the board click on the "Browse" button above the text box.
Select the photo you want to post from your folders by clicking on the picture and then clicking on "Open" in the pop-up window.
Then click on the "Host It" button next to the "Browse" button. It might take a minute or so for your picture to come up, and if you see an "Error" don't worry about it, your picture should come up a few seconds later.
When your picture comes up select the second link "Clickable Thumbnail Image" by clicking the circle next to the link. Then click "Add To Post"
My kingdom for a printer (to print out these directions). A printer that my computer will recognize, that is. I took my old computer that wouldn't accept it and they fixed it. 6 mos. later I got a different computer and I'm back to the same problem. Argh...
I'm just going to have to write it all down. Thank you for the directions. Can't wait to play!