Post by Blossom/Jackie W. on Aug 3, 2013 8:18:11 GMT -5
LarryNZ had put a receipe up a numbr of years ago but I couldn't find it. As an add on to his post, LindaNY said it would probably make a great breakfast burrito. It does believe me. We just warm up a few wraps in foil. This one's (recipe)is off the net.
BTW; This is great for camping or at home and terrific if you even have grandchildren visiting....
ZIPLOC OMELETS (use the real bags; not cheap ones)
This works great !!! Good when you're alone or when all your family is together. Best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!! Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.
- Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
- Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
Some Notes to the Above That I've found..
- If you use more than the 1 or 2 eggs per bag, they come out like scrambled eggs. - The water MUST be rolling boil - use a big pot - I wouldn't add the hash browns etc but mushrooms, meat like ham or salami, peppers, tomato, grated cheeses, chopped onion etc. (Like a western omelette) - If you're having for brekkie, you can chop e'thing up the night before and put it in the fridge. That way folks can just grab what they want. - Seal the bag well and make sure you get all the air out